May 5, 2008

Tipping Point of Studying Abroad


Could it be that I tipped a traveling epidemic among my friends? It seems that ever since I went abroad, all my closest friends now have plans to study abroad. There are two going abroad this summer- one to Galway, Ireland and one to Greece and Turkey- and then there are two going abroad next year, one to Paris, France for the Fall and one to London, England for the Spring.

I knew that these people were interested in traveling before, but only one of them mentioned the prospect of studying abroad. Could it be that since they saw that I was able to go abroad for the semester (and survive!) that it gave them the courage to try it too?

These are the people who I spoke to the most while I was abroad. They are the ones that I shared my experiences, the hardships as well as the good times, and they saw that it wasn't that bad. I am more independent that most of them, however, I have no doubt that they will LOVE their time in Europe. Then perhaps I can convince them to come work abroad with me... hmm.. :)

Ps. The picture is of my sister in Edinburgh, Scotland.

No comments: